Monday, May 9, 2011

Why Thank You for Such a Thoughtful Gift



The other morning I awoke and stumbled out of bed without my glasses on to make a trip to the bathroom. I noticed something out of the ordinary on the floor on my side of the bed and couldn't quite make out what it was without my glasses. I figured I would investigate it more closely upon my return from the bathroom with my glasses on.

I put my glasses on and was surprised to find that the UFO (unidentified floor object) was actually an egg.




Hmm... I wonder what kind of egg it is?
Anyone know?


Mystery Egg next to a regular egg.


I find it amusing to picture in my mind one of the cats finding this in the field (actually who knows where) and carrying it so very carefully all the way back to the house in their mouth, being cautious not to break it on the trip back. Then gingerly making their way through the dog door and into the bedroom and then placing it strategically on my side of the bed so that I will notice it. They did break the shell in a couple of places or else it would have been fun to hatch it.




Maybe it was a Mother's Day Present?!

1 comment:

  1. I think it was a Mother's Day Present. What a cool looking egg. Did you ever find out what kind?

    ReplyDelete