Thursday, September 23, 2010

Autumn Begins

Yipee!! Today is the first official day of Autumn!


Things I love about Autumn
(in no particular order, just as they pop into my head):




Frost on the Pumpkins



Pumpkins.
They just make me happy. I love the color of them, the variety, their shapes, carving them, the smell of them... one of my favorite Bath & Body scents is "Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin" and now they have a new one that is equally as yummy, "Creamy Pumpkin."



Beautiful Japanese Maple Tree in Tokyo.
Took this picture when we were there in December of 2009.



Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Bread
Honey Wheat Pumpkin Muffins with raisins
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting



Hand-painted and Hand-stitched art by me.


The smell of fallen wet leaves.



Hand-painted by me.



The unmatched beauty of the changing Aspen trees in Colorado.



More of my art.


The end of irrigating! Whoo-hoo!!!




Another one of my paintings.



The end of chicken processing for the season,
it's not here yet,
but it will be soon!!!




Another painting of mine.



I have a reason to buy CANDY
even though we never get any trick-or-treaters out here in the boonies.
No Goonies for the Boonies...




Harvest Moon in August at Table Mountain Winery.



Harvest Moons


Harvest Moon in August at Table Mountain Winery.



Colorful Mums


Baby in the corn. Sooooooo cute!


Corn Mazes
need one to go to?
Ellis' Harvest Home near Lingle, WY



Country Chicken Girl working hard (at the napping tree.)


Snuggling on the couch with a comfy blanket
and watching one of my favorite musicals!

...or an afternoon nap down at the napping tree.




Felt and Stitchery art by me.



Hay Rides





Bon Fires



Bobbing for Apples



S'mores over campfires and hot dog roasts


Fall Cleaning
I know, I'm weird like that.



High School Football


Morrill High School Lions ~ 2009


Homecoming



Hand-painted and hand-stitched art by me.


and all this leads to Thanksgiving and Christmas!



The End

2 comments:

  1. So what do you like about Autumn? Share your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canning and preserving, the smell of apple butter cooking in my crockpot, the golden leaves on my walks, snow on the mountain tops, hot mulled cider, Indian Summer--crisp outside with bright blue skies and golden trees in the morning and then nice and warm sunny afternoons, football and volleyball games, nutbreads and muffins, a new, fresh school year! I just love fall!

    ReplyDelete