Saturday, January 14, 2012

Country Chicken Girl to do Cooking Demonstration


I should have posted this earlier...

but I just didn't think about it.

Anyway...  I am doing my first cooking demonstration, no I take that back, this will be my second cooking demonstration, today at the Scottsbluff Winter Farmers' Market.  You can see the little poster below for details.  If you are in the area I hope that you'll come see me!

One friend wished me luck on Facebook.  I'm going to need it because when I get nervous, I usually do goofy things, so it could be humorous as well as informational.  But I know by God's grace...  I will get through it.  I don't need no stinkin' luck!

This demonstration will be for all you girls and boys who do not know how to cut up a chicken.  For all you cheaters who buy packages of frozen chicken breasts...  You know who you are.  Just kidding...  I use to do that too, I am not judging you, but I do want you to know that there is an alternative...  You know a chicken has more to it than just the breast meat.  And actually...  I think the breast meat is the least flavorful... the flavor is in the dark meat.  That's just my own opinion.

I will be giving away one of Open A Bar 2 Ranch, LLC's pastured chickens to some lucky participant.  And to make things fun, I am going to auction off one of the dishes I will be making, Artichoke-Olive Chicken Bake, which the winner will be able to take home and bake for dinner.  The proceeds from the auction will be donated to Camp Grace, our featured non-profit for this week's market.

Beth Everett of Meadowlark Hearth CSA and Maddy Soule of Soule Organic Farm & Ranch will be doing a cooking demonstration today also! They are making brats and sauerkraut! Ummmm.... I can smell it now! Their demonstration will follow mine.

Should be a good time!!

I'll try to get pictures and maybe even a video, but you know I am usually the picture taker so I'll see if I can find someone who is willing.  Dan the Man will be manning our booth so he won't be able to take the pictures, which might be a good thing.  Some of us know picture taking is not one of his strong suits!  (But you know I still love you honey!  I didn't marry you for your photography, I married you because I could say you are Dan, my man!  My Man Dan!  Dan is my man!  Okay I'll stop now).

Hope you'll come if you can!



No comments:

Post a Comment