Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Winner, Winner... Chicken Dinner!!

Just thought I'd let you know that we actually won the KGWN Cutest Couple Contest!

Can you believe it?

I am totally flabbergasted that we actually won.

If you don't know what I am talking about... then you missed THIS POST.

Here is what we have won!
The lucky couple voted "Cutest" will win a prize package from KGWN News Channel 5 and the Cheyenne CW including a one night stay and dinner for two at the Historic Vee Bar Ranch nestled in the foothills of the Snowy Mountain Range, a prize package worth more than $200! 

You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be a blog post concerning our stay and dinner!

Click on the picture below to go to the contest link to see the other winners.







When I entered the contest, I was entering it kind of as a joke.  I told Dan the Man I thought we should enter with our "American Gothic" picture from this past summer and he rolled his eyes at me and said that was a stupid idea.  Well, you know me... as soon as he said that he thought it was a stupid idea, I knew I had to enter to prove him wrong.

The first few of days the contest it was a tight race between us and another couple.  We would take first place during the day, and then they would pass us up in votes during the night.  I pleaded daily, actually twice a day on Facebook for our friends to vote for us and boy-howdy, did they ever vote for us!  It became a team effort with people making it their mission to vote everyday and win the contest for us!

Friends and family were even soliciting votes from their friends and family for us.  It was great fun and exciting to see the battle for the cutest couple go back and forth!  With such a dedicated team pulling for us, we eventually took a commanding lead and ended up winning the contest by almost 200 votes.  We had a total of 530 votes, the 2nd place couple had 338 and the 3rd place couple had 325.

Yesterday I received an email saying that we had won and they would be contacting us soon to discuss how we will be receiving our prize.

I can not possibly adequately thank all of our friends and family for voting for us!  We would not have won with out your support!  We are truly blessed beyond measure and thank the Lord for each one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment