Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Robins: They've Hatched!



Oh my gosh... I am so far behind on my blogging. We get SO BUSY this time of year that it seems like I never have any spare time on my hands. It seems as if we work from sun up until sun down and any spare moment I have I spend sleeping.

I hope I haven't left anyone "hanging" about the robin eggs??

... as in this post, The Robins, that I wrote eons ago. Remember?

Well, I have been checking on the nest and the eggs hatched, but the morning that I checked and had saw that they had hatched, there were only two babies in the nest. I have no idea what happened to the other two. Oh well, God only gives you what you can handle, I guess He wanted this robin couple to raise two, not four.

These pictures were taken on June 12th, the first day that I had noticed that they had hatched. I don't know if this was the actual first date they hatched, but it has to be pretty close.


Sleeping... shhhh


When I moved my camera close to the nest, they would
put their weak little heads up and open their mouths!


So ugly, cute, fragile and fascinating!
Check out the size of their eyes and mouths!!


I checked on the little ones a couple of days ago while Nick and Sarah were here visiting. I wanted to share this little glimpse into nature with Sarah. When we peeked into the nest, I could not believe how big they had gotten, but then again, I guess they were probably a week old when we sneaked our peek. I will try to get a picture of them today. You won't believe how many downy feathers they have now. They don't look quite so naked.

Well, gotta run. It's been nice chatting, hopefully we can do it again sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment