Saturday, May 8, 2010

Breakfast for Supper!! RECIPE: The BEST Pancakes Ever.



Who doesn't love to eat breakfast for supper?

I absolutely love eating breakfast for supper. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, hands down. I love eating pancakes, waffles, omelets, french toast, eggs, quiche, skillet scrambles, breakfast burritos, biscuits and gravy and even plain old cereal for supper!

Several years ago, probably about 12 years ago, I ran across this recipe for pancakes in an issue of Martha Stewart Living. I do believe, in my own humble opinion, that it is the BEST pancake recipe EVER! Seriously folks, if you try this, you will never, never, never eat Bisquick or Krusteaz pancakes ever again.

When I make these I TRIPLE the recipe, yes, I said TRIPLE. Doesn't matter that I only have to cook for three people now, I still triple it and we have the left overs the next day.

Best Quick Pancakes

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 large egg (farm fresh of course), lightly beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

1. Heat griddle to 375 degrees. Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in bowl. Add egg, milk, and melted butter; whisk to combine. Batter should have small to medium lumps.

2. Heat oven to 175 degrees. Butter griddle. (Take a stick of butter and run it over your griddle so that the pancakes won't stick. You must use butter, trust me!)

3. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around the edges, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.

4. Keep finished pancakes in the oven while you cook the remaining ones. Serve with butter and warm maple syrup. Seriously, you have to heat your syrup. Don't be lazy! It only takes a few minutes in the microwave.



These won't last long.
I think Chris once ate 12 pancakes.





Oh my, I am in heaven!

1 comment:

  1. Kathy... these look delicious... already copied the recipe.... will be making pancakes for breakfast...my stomach is already growling... just by looking at the pictures.
    thanks for the recipe
    Becky

    ReplyDelete