Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mr. Lineman

The makings of a Lineman.



Today, May 15, 2010 (yesterday by the time I got this posted) our third eldest son, Chris, graduates from Western Nebraska Community College with an Associate of Occupational Studies in Powerline Construction and Maintenance. We are so proud and excited for him. Chris has always been an "outside" kind of guy and I think this will be a good fit for him.

So, does anyone know of any Lineman jobs? Not too far away, mind you! His mother doesn't want him too many miles away, not just yet.

Here is for all friends and family who couldn't make the graduation ceremony!

A little blurry, but here he is in the Processional!




He is somewhere in that group!




Had to video tape him getting his diploma because the pictures were not turning out so great.


Afterward with diploma in hand!


Chris and me!


My sister Lori and my niece Morgan. They love getting their picture taken.
Thanks for the beautiful memory you two!


Danny, Chris and Skyler
(Skyler plans on having the same expression for every picture I take of him for the rest of my life!)



Don't know who this guy is, but doesn't it just make you want to say "awwww, how sweet!"

Let's hear it, every one together...

awwwwwwwww...





2010 Class of Linemen


That's Chris, 3rd from the top, left side




Mr. Lineman 2010


Look Mom, No hands!





Putting on his gafs.




One time when Chris was home on the weekend, he brought his climbing gear home. I thought I would give it a try after he showed us how easy it was.

It's easy mom, just put one foot in front of each other.


Like this?


I don't want to get too high or I might not be able to get down.



Okay, now how do I get down? This is high enough!!


Well it certainly felt like I was MUCH higher!



Then Chris showed us how fast he could do a free climb. He can probably go much faster now, this was taken shortly after he began to climb.


2 comments:

  1. Lol... let's be glad Chris is the lineman in the family and not Kathi!

    Love ya sis,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats, Chris! So sorry we couldn't make it but be glad I didn't bring the stomach flu down there! Hope you find a great job that meets your best dreams!

    ReplyDelete