Saturday, July 31, 2010

Farmers' Market:: July 31, 2010

Just thought I'd write a little ditty about today's Farmers' Market in Scottsbluff. WOW, I really think this market is going to be great this year! It just keeps growing and growing!

I sold out of chickens, I should have brought more and I will next week. So if you were one of the unfortunate souls who got there too late, don't despair, I'll bring more next week.

Remember, the early bird gets the worm. The market opens at 7 am and some shoppers come at 6:30 am!!!

The bread man was there today. He is always a big hit. I'll write about him in a later post.

I had planned on writing about Mary Armstrong today and spotlight her Creative Bubbles Soap, but I forgot my camera. Boo-hoo, drat and dag-gummit! You'll have to wait until next week for her little ditty.

Here's a picture of Mary's soap that I took last week.
Isn't it too cute with the little seashell in it?
Mary gave me a sample of this last week and I adore it.
It feels like you are washing your hands with lotion, it is so soft and smooth!


I bought some of Christina's Blazin' Glory jam and can hardly wait to roast a chicken out on the grill and baste it with some of the jam. Ummm, Ummm, Ummm! Ashley said she tried some of the pepper jam on pork chops and said it was really good. I bet it was. I'm going to have to try that too. I also bought some of Christina's Apple Butta. Wowzers, it's delish!!! Christina said she loves the way her house smells when she makes it. Can you imagine? Too bad she can't bottle that smell and sell it in a room freshener!

I bought some of Mary's soap, but I'm waiting to tell you about that when I do my little ditty on her next week. I am going to smell so good after I shower with her soap! By cracky, when I smell like chicken crappy I'll use Mary's soap and be oh so happy!

I also got my CSA goodies from Dan Weitzel of Mitchell Valley Farm. I've got a story about him coming up, but you can also check him out on PrairieBloom.com. Here's the link to Mitchell Valley Farm.

Rylee of FlowerFlied Farms gave me some chocolate cake and leaf lettuce. Thanks Rylee, the cake rocks and Dan the Man was especially thankful for the treat. He says thanks you too!! You can also read about Rylee and her family run business, FlowerField Farms on the same web page as Dan Weitzel, just scroll down past Dan's info.

Last week I was talking to Dan Weitzel at my booth when another acquaintance of mine came up to me to say hi. As I was introducing Dan Weitzel to them, they said to Dan, "Oh, you must be Dan the Man!" referring to my husband, cuz if you are a frequent reader of my blog, you know that I call my husband "Dan the Man." Poor Dan W. doesn't read my blog so he was totally clueless as to what this other person was referring to. We all had a good laugh when everything was explained. Although Dan W. is a man, he is not Dan the Man, nor is he my man, but he can be Dan the Mitchell Valley Farm Man and he will make someone a very fine man, in my own opinion, and I also know that he is single! But I don't know if he available.

Anyway...

I didn't eat any breakfast before I left this morning so I was having a hunger attack so I bought a lemon poppy seed muffin and a zucchini muffin from Ashley Bolek. Thanks Ashley, they were quite tasty and helped me make it through until I got lunch!

Oh, did I tell you I came home with two loaves of Rye bread from the bread man. Thanks dude (gonna have to find out your name so I don't have to refer to you as the bread man all year!), that was so nice of you. We're having grilled ham and cheese sandwiches on your rye bread tonight for dinner. Yum.

So, there you go. Just a little recap of the Farmers' Market in Scottsbluff this morning.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you Sarah, the goat cheese girl had some extremely scrumptious custard stuff that was to die for. I should have paid more attention to what it was when she gave me a sample of it.

Anyway... if you're not making it to the Farmers' Market, you're really missing out on some great stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I really do need to come "help" you! It sounds like there are some great new booths to visit and try their wares! I'll br looking forward to some pictures from next week's market. Oh I really need to get some of Mr. Breadman's bread, too!

    ReplyDelete