Thursday, October 29, 2009

Can Someone Please Tell Me What Happened to Fall??


Did I miss something? Did God decide we didn't deserve four seasons this year? Is He giving us only three, Spring, Summer and Winter? We've received at least 12 inches of snow in the last two days along with wind all day today. Can you say blizzard??


This kind of weather makes for doing the chores interesting to say the least. Too much snow, slush, mud and large snow drifts to use the four wheeler so we had to drag the hay from one set of corrals to the other to feed the bulls today. That was fun. Can I just say that the tarp was my idea! Danny wanted to carry a "flake" at a time with the pitch fork. I didn't really want to be a part of that, besides, my hay always falls off the fork because it is too heavy to carry and if you don't have the flake "jabbed" just right, the fork is all out of balance and spins in your hand and the hay ends up on the ground. Needless to say, I found a tarp and we did it my way after Danny took one fork full over by himself.

The cold is not as bad as the snow drifts we have to walk through. Some are thigh-high!



These birds wanted to be a part of tonight's feeding. I don't know what kind they are. I'm guessing some sort of black bird. If you know please educate me and let me know what they are. Danny said they use to call them "monkey birds" at the ranch, but I doubt if that is what they are really called!

This picture looks as if the cow is going to eat the bird. Click on the photo to make it full screen and you'll see what I mean. Hit the back button on your browser to return to the blog.


We didn't even bother going out the front door today!

Good thing Skyler doesn't have school tomorrow.
Looks like he has a lot of digging to do before he is going anywhere!

I change the comment section, so if you have tried to leave comments before and couldn't because you didn't have an account, you can now leave comments, even without an account!

3 comments:

  1. OK, I'm trying it this way. You got way more snow than we did and a lot of ours blew into drifts in the road. I don't know what those birds are called We had a huge flock of the big raven type blackbirds fly in and eat all our birdseeds in a few minutes! Our Stellars blue Jays didn't know what happened to all their eats! The ravens sat in the dead pines by the creek and it looked a lot like Halloween!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo - you said 3 seasons - if you remember we did not have a spring - or should I say summer - Winter and spring is what we had. For once I am thankful the pigs are gone and I am too! Jennifer K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Danny is BSing you about the birds. A) I never heard of a monkey bird and I grew up with him on the same ranch and B) I don't recognize those birds.

    MMA

    ReplyDelete