Friday, October 23, 2009

Midafternoon Visitor


Yesterday afternoon just as we were finishing up lunch, Danny looked outside and towards the corral was one of the deer that have been hanging out at our place. I grabbed my camera, thinking I could get some good shots of her. Little did I know that I would spend the next half hour or so in the presence of this beautiful creature.

The video is a little on the long side, but if you need a stress reliever after a long days work at the office, this might be just what the doctor ordered. Enjoy.



Danny watched this whole adventure unfold and wished that he had a video camera to record me taping the deer. At one point when I was hiding behind the baler's tire, the deer was coming straight towards me! Then she decided to go the other way around the baler. I couldn't tell where she was and it almost felt like a game of hide and seek. I was hiding and she was seeking! I felt like she was sneaking up behind me from the other side, ready to shout "I found you!!" as she came around the baler! It was a crazy few minutes waiting for her to come out the other side.

I could not believe how calm she was through out the whole taping. I am sure she knew I was there several times, but she just didn't seem to care. I love the part of the video when she is intrigued with the cat. Watch her carefully as she watches the cat, especially the movement of her tail.

Toward the end of the tape, she actually yawns a couple of times. I imagine she was wondering when I was going to get tired of taping her. Maybe it was getting close to her nap time.

Here are a few pictures I got.



NOTE: If you click on the photographs, you'll get a fantastic full screen view of the photographs. Try it! Click the back arrow on your browser to get back to the blog. If you want to see a full version of the video, click on it and it will take you to the video on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment