Wednesday, November 18, 2009

How to Cut Up a Chicken

Okay people, you asked for it, now you are going to get it!

HOW TO CUT UP A CHICKEN!! Yee-Haw!

Why is it that our mothers thought that we didn't need to know how to do this? I know that my mother never taught me how to cut up a chicken. My stepfather taught me how to change a flat tire, but no chicken lessons from mom. Who did she think was going to teach me, my husband?! Ha, Ha! I'm sure she knew how to cut one up, so there was no excuse to not share this vital bit of kitchen knowledge with me. Too bad she isn't still with us or I would "grill" her over this matter. LOL!

First of all you need a fine specimen like this here Farm Fresh Pastured Poultry from the Open A Bar 2 Ranch. I hear these are the best chickens in the world, LOL!! Second, the chicken should be thawed, not frozen, of course. AND third, a sharp knife is key, not a little paring knife, but a big one that will get the job done, like a chef knife.

I did some extensive research on my favorite how-to source, YouTube! No kidding, need to know how to do something, search for it on YouTube. I found these two videos and lots more, but I liked the tips that each one of these offered. The first one is kind-of long so if you are in a hurry, your chicken is sitting in the sink and dinner has to be ready in less than 30 minutes, you'd better skip it until later and watch the second one. If you are just killing time, watch them both.






PS. I wanted you to notice how tiny and gross looking the chicken is in the second video. The skin is really yellow as well. Not at all like our nice big chickens with beautiful healthy looking skin!

And finally if you want to print something for future reference, click on the picture below and print it, Ctrl+P. After you are done printing it, hit your browser back button to return to the blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment