Monday, November 9, 2009

RECIPE: Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Well, I think we finally have most of the fence repaired after the escaped calves episode from my last post. Today we vaccinated our calves and banded the bull calves. We also turned the calves out to pasture. Hopefully, they will stay in and not get out!

The other day I had some bananas that we starting to turn brown so I decided that I better do something with them so I made muffins. I made this muffin recipe a couple of times this summer for the Farmer's Market and sold out every time I made them.

Did you know that you can freeze bananas if you don't have time to make some thing with them before they go bad? I do it all the time. Just peel the bananas and put them in a ziplock freezer bag then freeze them. They keep for several months and when you need bananas for a recipe, just take them out of the freezer and thaw them in the microwave and they are ready to use.

Kelly, this is the recipe for those muffins you liked so well at the Farmer's Market. If you like coffee and chocolate like my friend Kelly and I do, then you'll love these. I got this recipe from allrecipes.com and they were submitted by Shelley Ross.

Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Ingredients

  • 1 cup margarine
  • 1 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules, dissolved in
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • Directions

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. Blend butter or margarine, sugar, egg, banana, dissolved coffee, and vanilla in food processor for 2 minutes. Add flour, salt, baking powder, and soda, and blend just until flour disappears. Add chocolate chips and mix in with wooden spoon. Spoon mixture into 15 to 18 paper-lined muffin cups.
    3. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
I LOVE coffee, so I used 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment