I made these muffins the other day and they were delicious! Can you tell that I like making muffins?! Make sure to make a double batch of these muffins so you can share some with someone you appreciate, could be a teacher, mail carrier, paper deliverer, or the school crossing guard. Enclose a note that says "Hope these sweeten your day! Thank you for all you do, you are truly appreciated." Children love being able to take something special to their teachers so not only will you brighten the teacher's day but you will also make your child feel special!
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and it was submitted by Taste of Home's Fast Family Favorites.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons cold butter or margarine
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.