Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Decluttering Pantry, Day Three with Bonus Recipe

Well, I finally made it back to the pantry today. It was time to get this puppy done and move on to other things. The "other things" that have made their way to my growing to-do list now includes my studio. More stuff than I would have liked migrated from the pantry to my studio work table. Ugh! Oh well, I do like to clean and organize, it makes me feel good. You know what? It even improves my mental state of health. I am sure of it! Taking a load of junk we don't need or use out to the dumpster makes my smile in a silly way all the way to the dumpster and then I almost feel like skipping back to the house! LOL

Well, here is the result!






















BEFORE picture


Just look at that top shelf and the floor! What an improvement!


AFTER pictures



Nicely organized shelves!




So to celebrate my accomplishment I decided to make muffins. They were so tasty I thought that I would share the recipe with you!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins






















Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
  2. Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.
  3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.

When I was working on this post, Tatum, our new cat (the stray that showed up here before we went on our trip to Japan) decided to help with the organizing! I put this basket on the counter to contain papers that needed filed, read, or whatever. Tatum thinks its a comfy bed for her. LOL I think she is too big for it, but she doesn't think so!





No comments:

Post a Comment