Sunday, August 29, 2010

RECIPE: Glazed Peach Habenero Grilled Pork Chops

Last night for dinner we had a meal totally comprised of local food purchased at the Farmers' Market. Wow, that makes me feel so good. Not a single ingredient was purchased at Wal-mart or any other store for that fact except for vinegar, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper.

The menu consisted of Glazed Peach Habenero Grilled Pork Chops, Sour Cream Cucumber Salad, Roadside Melon, Corn on the Cob and French Bread (warmed on the grill). I should have taken a picture of the whole meal, but it was late and I was tired.


Here is a list of the Cast of Characters and their producers:

Pork Chops (milk-fed pork) from Victory Hill Farm
Peach Habenero Jam homemade by Nancy Butcher
Fresh Garden Cucumbers from Mitchell Valley Farm
Sweet & Juicy Roadside Melon from Gary's Garden
Tri-colored Sweet Corn from Mitchell Valley Farm
Homemade French Bread from FlowerField Farms



And the recipe for the pork chops:




Glazed Peach Habenero Grilled Pork Chops

Ingredients

4 Pork Chops from Victory Hill Farm
1 jar Peach Habenero Jam from Nancy Butcher

Directions

  1. Preheat Grill to 350 degrees.
  2. Rub grill grate with oil. Use your tongs and dip a wadded-up paper towel in oil. Easy!
  3. Grill chops for around 5 minutes per side. Brush a generous amount of jam on both sides of the chops while you are grilling.
  4. Heat extra jam in a small sauce pan and serve with the chops for extra sauce!!




Try it! You'll like it!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I made a similar recipe last weekend only I used my own crab apple jelly on the pork chops I had. They tasted great too. I need to get that recipe up on my blog! (for the jelly, that is....)

    ReplyDelete