Monday, February 22, 2010

Hoar Frost by Gosh!

Note: Please enjoy the photos more by clicking on them. This will bring a full screen view of them. Just hit your browser's back button to return to the blog.


Just another day in the life of a Country Chicken Girl...




Hoarfrost: According to Wikipedia

"Radiation frost (also called hoar frost or hoarfrost) refers to the white ice crystals, loosely deposited on the ground or exposed objects, that form on cold clear nights when heat losses into the open skies cause objects to become colder than the surrounding air. A related effect is flood frost which occurs when air cooled by ground-level radiation losses travels downhill to form pockets of very cold air in depressions, valleys, and hollows. Hoar frost can form in these areas even when the air temperature a few feet above ground is well above freezing. Nonetheless the frost itself will be at or below the freezing temperature of water.
"




I must say that frozen winter mornings as these posses a beauty like no other.



The stillness in the air is like no other silence I know.




The hoar frost is so delicately formed that if you barely brush against it,
it is destroyed and gone like a dying man's last breath of air.






The crunch of the snow beneath your boots sounds like it is amplified 100 times because of the stillness in the air.




The solitude that I feel in this frozen winter scene causes me to think of
my Creator and the beauty of His world around me.





I am thankful and feel so truly blessed to be a part of His world.









Camille was my willing sidekick today. Nice posing Millie!




I've said it before and I'll say it again...

One day in the country is worth a month in town!





Thank you Lord for this life.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment