Monday, February 1, 2010

One of My Favorite Muffin Recipes: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


I had some bananas that were starting to turn brown and knew that no one in this house was going to remotely consider eating them so I thought I'd better get busy and make something with them. I thought about trying a new recipe, but as I pondered the thought of deciding on one, I chose just to make one of my favorite muffins, the all so scrumptious Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins!

I have been making these bad boys for years. I'm not even sure how many years now, but longer than Dan the Man and I have been married, so I would venture to guess about 20 years now. They go way back to my Winter Park days. When my children were little rug rats, they absolutely adored them. When ever I made them, they would tell me that I was the bestest cook in the whole wide world! Okay, okay, maybe they didn't say that in those exact words, I don't really remember. But this is my blog and I can pretend if I want to! If they did say something along those lines it would have and probably did make my heart melt.

The recipe is from the "Creme de Colorado Cookbook". This is another must have cookbook in my opinion. Want one? Try to find a used one on Ebay or Amazon.com. If you get one, you won't regret it, I promise!

Oh dear "Creme de Colorado", how I love thee!

I use to have this recipe memorized I made it so often and it is so easy!

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups mashed ripe bananas
3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (not an option!)

Cream together butter and brown sugar. Add beaten eggs and mix well. Sift flour with salt and baking powder and add to brown sugar mixture, stirring until well blended. Add bananas and beat until mixture is smooth. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Signs of a well-loved cookbook! It almost falls open to this page.
Notice all the food spills and stains and the crumpled post-it note tab!


I like to make them in mini muffin pans too, just bake for about 15-20 minutes. So delicious warm after school with a glass of milk. Why not treat your little rug rats to these this week? They might even tell you that you are the bestest cook in the whole wide world.

Wish you could smell these bad boys right out of the oven.

Oh, and Lori (my dear sister), these are just as delicious without the nuts! When the boys were little, some liked nuts in things and some did not, so I made them mostly without nuts. Now that it is just Dan the Man, Skyler and me in the house, we all like nuts, so everything gets nuts. The ones I made today have slivered almonds.

Skyler just got home from school and had a muffin. He forgot to tell me that I was the bestest cook in the whole wide world.



PS, Tatee-cakes wanted to give a shout out to all of you! He was lounging by the window enjoying the scenery, which was the chicken frolicking around in the back yard.

Oh yeah, one more thing to tell you... We had a golden eagle in our front pasture this afternoon! When Dan the Man first saw it he thought it was a coyote, but when I whipped out the binoculars, I could see that it was a golden eagle. Tried to get a picture, but it flew away before I could get close enough for a decent picture.




2 comments:

  1. I made the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins a few days ago and Alyssa called them the pumpkin pie muffins. They are all gone now and I still have half a can of pumpkin so I guess I better make some more tomorrow. Kim doesn't like bananas so there aren't any around here! I would make these and the caramel banana ones you had up on the blog. Maybe I'll sneak some bananas in here and make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HMM this looks good - so does the chowder - just might have to make it this week! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete