Yum, yum, yum! That's all I have to say about this recipe!
Well, actually I have a little more to say about it. I made these little gems today and I must tell you they are so delicious right out of the oven they will have you begging for more. They melt in your mouth and cause your husband to kiss you! The kissing comes after your hubby has eaten the muffin, not while you are eating your muffin.
Well, actually, Dan the Man hasn't had one yet, but I am sure that as soon as he has one, he'll want to kiss me and take me out to a romantic dinner and dancing afterward.
A Country Chicken Girl can dream, can't she?
I was dreaming about Spring when I took the picture.
Notice the adorable little flower plate?
So cute and Spring like!
Apple Strudel Muffins
This recipe came from allrecipes.com and was submitted by NMARIEA.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Mix in vanilla. Stir in apples, and gradually blend in the flour mixture. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over tops of mixture in muffin pan.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to sit 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan. Cool on a wire rack.